I am fucking angry at FOX and the BBC
Wanna know why? FOX’s ‘new’ show Gracepoint. Reasons:
1. It’s based off of the BBC’s Broadchurch, and FOX never even mentions that in the commercial.
2. David Tennant’s voice has been dubbed by an American. His beautiful Scottish accent….replaced with a tinny American accent.
3. The lines are exactly the same. They didn’t change a fucking word(regional differences aside, i.e. pounds->dollars).
FUCK YOU, FOX.
1. Broadchurch is not a BBC show.
2. David Tennant’s voice is not dubbed by an American. That is him doing an American accent.
3. I don’t see what there is to be upset about even if it was exactly the same but, in any regard, it isn’t. And the reason you wouldn’t know that is because you haven’t seen it.
David Tennant on guessing Peter Capaldi was the next Doctor.
Interviewed by Jo Wiley, November 2013:
David told the story about how he figured out Peter Capaldi was cast as the 12th Doctor by following betting. He has a friend who works in spread betting and during the Broadchurch whodunit betting, his friend explained the signs that indicated who the Broadchurch killer was. “The same thing happened with Peter Capaldi about 4 days before it was announced. And I went, ‘ooh’”.
“I have an email for Peter so I emailed him and went, ‘Who? You? Really?’ And he emailed back going, ‘Oh God, I’d love to talk to you. Can we have a cuppa tea?’ So, we met up just before [the announcement].”
Jo Wiley: What did he want to know? What were his questions?
DT: Sort of, you know, is this the end of life as I know it? …which it sort of is…